Students should follow the Application Process stated below, prepare the documents as required and hand in the package before the deadline announced by the Study Abroad Center. Failing to provide a complete application package before the deadline will prevent the students from proceeding to the review stage.
Attend the Study Abroad Seminar:
- Attend a Study Abroad Seminar on either Taipei or Taoyuan campus around early December.
- Dates and places to be announced by the Study Abroad Center.
MCU Study Abroad Seminar for 2017-2018 Academic Year is scheduled on:
Taipei Campus: 2016/12/6 (Tue.) 12:10 at noon in E402 Conference Room
Taoyuan Campus: 2016/12/7 (Wed.) 12:10 at noon in S104 Conference Room
- Registered students at MCU
- Academic grade points average over 75 in all semesters
- English language level requirement: above TOEFL-iBT 79/ TOEFL-CBT 213 or IELTS 6.0
Applicants for studying abroad in Korea are NOT required to certify English Language level
- Preliminary screening and recommendation by the department or school/college is required before submitting the application documents
# download the above forms from the 'Information Download' weblink
- Original transcript(s) of grades of all semesters in Chinese and English (in percentile grades)
- A Copy of TOEFL or IELTS Test Score (Please keep the original yourself) (Language Certificate is valid for up to two years after the exam date, to the application deadline at MCU)
- At least one letter of recommendation in English
- A4 page statement of study plan (500~1,500 words) in Chinese and English, each explaining why you want to study abroad and why you are qualified for your chosen program (A4 page statement of purpose in Chinese and Japanese for application to Japan)
- Other portfolio/documents supporting your qualifications (e.g. design student must submit portfolio, i.e. PDF file size limit 20MB, onto a DVD)
# Arrange all documents in order in a file folder. No more than 20 pages in all, A4 size (except for the TOEFL/IELTS score and the transcripts).
Fall semester entry: apply before Mid March; Spring semester entry: apply before End September~Mid October of the previous year
(exact date to be announced by the Study Abroad Center, see "Notices" for the latest updates)
Application deadline for 2017 Fall semester: 2017/3/13
Application deadline for 2018 Spring semester: 2017/9/25
Pay attention to different application deadlines. Download "Study Abroad Handbook" from the website.
Duration of Study Abroad Programs:
1 semester (subject to the agreements with overseas universities)
In principle, students may participate in the exchange program for a period of one semester. Under the condition of available vacancies and overseas partner schools sending an equal number of students to MCU, a student can apply to fill a vacancy and extend the exchange period to to a maximum of one year at the same overseas partner school.
For Fall semester, the vacancies and application deadline are available at "Study Abroad Programs" link. For Spring semester, the vacancies will be announced in September. Please pay attention to IEE website for updated "Notices". Applicants will be ranked by average academic grades of all semesters; those on the top of the list will be nominated to the overseas partner school for review.