Part-time English Language Teaching Assistant (ELTA) program
Are you looking for a part-time job position? Do you enjoy working with children and teenagers? Want to know more about Taiwan? Join ELTA today!
What is ELTA?
ELTA is a government funded program aiming to provide quality English education to students around Taiwan. The program recruits overseas students and offers a wide range of hands-on opportunities to sharpen your professional skills. As part of the teaching and assisting experience, you will gain exposure and learn the ins-and-outs of the education industry.
Who are ELTAs?
ELTAs, or English Language Teaching Assistant, works primarily with students from elementary to junior-high school and cooperates with English Resources Centers to. ELTAs are incorporated to inject a scope of linguistic and cultural sensitivity through English education, and can expect to:
- Work collaboratively to create and implement an English program of study.
- Engage and support multiple sections of English class to English learning students at different language levels.
- Support English learning students at different language levels in clubs and extracurricular activities.
- Work with classroom teachers to support remedial English education.
- Gain awareness and support students learning and well-being.
ELTAs are not limited to in-class learning, as flexibility in student engagements is offered when answering to the developmental needs of students and institutions.
Who are you?
ELTAs are foreign college students interested in gaining direct experience with the sorts of teaching and coaching that comes with English learning. Collegiate candidate must command English proficiency comparable to, or surpassing, that of B2-C1 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR). Native English speaker is a plus. Work permit is essential.
Join Us! - Join ELTA - Taiwan Foreign English Teacher Program