[September 10, 2021 updated]
Following the instructions of the Ministry of Education, schools can start the entry procedures for international degree-seeking students in Fall semester 2021. Please refer to the following estimated schedule.
End of August
MCU submits the list of new students to the Ministry of Education.
Provide MCU Student ID Number, Student System Password, TEAMS ID & Password to new students
Download: New Foreign Students Registration Procedures ← Read it.
Download: Instructions for Downloading Tuition Fees Statement ← Read it.
Download: Freshman Information Processing← Read it.
Click to download: Ministry of Education official letter (Date: 2021/9/2, Letter Reference Number: 臺教高(二)字第1100119725號)
Students can contact and apply for a visa at the Taipei Representative Office near your place.
End of September
The procedures of entry application for 2021 Fall semester’s new arrivals← Read it.
After getting the visa, students should contact MCU Office of International Student Service (OISS) and fill in the google form with flight information that is departing at least 2 weeks after. When filling in the google form, please upload a copy of your passport (the page with personal information and your Taiwan visa page) and flight itinerary.
For MCU Taipei campus students, please contact OISS Ms. Crystal (email@example.com) and Ms. Nancy (firstname.lastname@example.org); For Taoyuan campus students, please contact OISS Ms. Betty (email@example.com) and Ms. Teresa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After collecting your visa number and flight itinerary, OISS will then apply for an entry permit with the Ministry of Education.
22nd of September
Join TEAMS online classrooms
to 30th September
Online Course Selection
When completing 14-day quarantine and 7-day self-health management, new students check in Taipei JiXian dorm or Taoyuan on and off-campus dorms, or the private apartment arranged by yourself.
15th of October
Students must pay tuition fees and upload proof to MCU Student System before 10am, 15th of October. Otherwise, student’s admission of 2021 Fall semester will be cancelled.
Before the end of the Fall semester 2021, i.e. before 2022/1/14
Before the end of the Fall semester
Students submit verified certificates and transcripts to the Division of Academic Affairs so as to complete the registration procedures
Following the instructions of the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), the Ministry of Education announced that schools can start the entry procedures for international degree-seeking students in Fall semester 2021. Please refer to the following guidelines and precautionary measures.
I. Before entering Taiwan:
- All students coming to Taiwan are required to provide a certificate of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within three days prior to boarding the flight to Taiwan.
- Students are required to stay in government-arranged quarantine facilities, which is strongly advised, or quarantine hotels.
II. When entering Taiwan:
- Students must complete 14-day quarantine requirement and 7-day self-health management. School should keep track of student’s health status.
- Students, staying in government-arranged quarantine facilities, will be guided and assisted from the airport until checking in the quarantine facilities. At the time of arriving at the quarantine facilities, students must take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test. Students must take a rapid home test between the 10th and 12th day, and take a PCR test between the 12th and 14th day at the end of the quarantine period. If the test results are negative, students can leave the quarantine facilities when completing the 14-day requirement.*Students entering via airport or port (transits included) who have visited key high-risk countries (including the following eight countries: Brazil, India, the United Kingdom, Peru, Israel, Indonesia, Bangladesh and Myanmar) in the last 14 days, must stay at government-arranged quarantine facilities. Such students will not be required to pay government-arranged quarantine facility accommodation and testing fees.
- If choosing to stay at quarantine hotels, students must take a deep-throat saliva specimen for COVID-19 RT-PCR test upon arrival at the airport in Taiwan and take a quarantine vehicle to the quarantine hotel where you plan to complete quarantine at your own expense for the 14-day quarantine. Such students shall take a rapid home test on the 10th day of the quarantine period, and also a PCR test on the 12th. School should help students to contact hospitals for arranging the PCR test at the hospital nearby.
- All students must have a PCR test at the end of the quarantine period. If tested positive, coronavirus genomic sequencing will be conducted. If showing symptoms of fever, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea or respiratory symptoms during the quarantine period, students must take a PCR test on Day 15 after the quarantine period ends.
III. 7-day Self-Health Management:
Students can arrange your own accommodation for undergoing 7-day self-health management, at a hotel, private apartment (one person per room), or school-arranged self-health management dormitory (one person per room). If students wish to stay at school-arranged self-health management dormitory, the fee is NT$800 per day, excluding daily meals, electricity bills, beddings and personal necessities. For more information about self-health management, please refer to “Self-Health Management Notice”.
The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) Press Release (in Chinese version):
The Ministry of Education News Updates (in Chinese version):
[Announced on July 7]
Due to Covid-19 pandemic, the border closed from May 17 till now.
Currently, freshman cannot apply for visa in Taiwan mission/ Taiwan embassy.
Please follow your government vaccine policy.
Please be reminded that students might still need to follow pandemic prevention measures formulated by Taiwan government even if they were vaccinated already.
Quarantine dorm application is only applicable when student get a Taiwan visa.
MCU International Admission Contact Information
MCU July & August Office Hour: 8:30~16:00, Monday to Thursday.
MCU Summer Recess: July 23~ August 1; re-open on August 2.
Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore & Outside-Asia Student Admission
Ms. Anne Chan 詹宜書
Tel: +886-3-3507001 Ext. 5116, 3705
Email：email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Northeast Asia & Southeast Asia Student Admission
Ms. Yvonne Lin 林郁萍
Tel: +886-3-3507001 Ext. 3704, 3703
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)