Any applicant with one of the following conditions is NOT eligible for applying as an international student:
(1) He/She has already studied in ROC as an Overseas Chinese student.
(2) He/She has applied and obtained a high school degree as an international student in ROC and would like to pursue a further degree.
(Excluding schools that enroll foreign residents in Taiwan or bilingual programs affiliated with local high schools)
(3) He/She dropped out/withdrew from colleges/universities in Taiwan due to behavior issues, poor academic performance or a conviction under the Criminal Code.
(4) He/She holds nationality of Hong Kong, Macau or People’s Republic of China and does not concurrently hold a foreign passport.
(5) He/She holds ROC nationality and has had household registration in Taiwan.
(6) He/She has held ROC nationality, and has not renounced it for more than 6 years, up until the start of the semester he/she is seeking admission.
Violation of the above-mentioned regulations will result in immediate cancellation of the applicant’s admission or the deprivation of the applicant’s recognized status as a MCU registered student, or revocation of the applicant’s MCU diploma. No academic certificate will be given.
2. Language Requirements
1. Sufficient English ability (Only applicable to students who apply to English-taught programs):
(1.) Applicants with English as a native language or graduates from school where English is the language of instruction.
(2.) Applicants who have achieved required scores on an internationally recognized English proficiency test (TOEFL ITP 500 or TOEFL Paper test 500 or TOEFL iBT 61 or TOEFL CBT 173 or IELTS 5 or TOEIC 550.)
2. Sufficient Chinese ability (Only applicable to students who apply to Chinese-taught programs):
(1.) Applicants with Chinese as a native language.
(2.) TOCFL B2 level< http://www.sc-top.org.tw/ > or intermediate level of other Mandarin Chinese language proficiency tests.
3. Academic Background