All applicants should read through the Application Information and fully comply with the application regulations.
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student.
- Prepare all required documents.
- Complete the online application (http://apply.mcu.edu.tw) during the application period.
Do not send any paper documents to the admissions office.
Please read MCU On-Line Application Procedure and get familiar with application process before you start your application.
MCU Rules for Foreign Student Admission http://academic.mcu.edu.tw/en/node/187
Any applicant with one of the following conditions is NOT eligible for applying as an international student:
(1) He/She has already studied in ROC as an Overseas Chinese student.
(2) He/She has applied and obtained a high school degree as an international student in ROC and would like to pursue a further degree.
(Excluding schools that enroll foreign residents in Taiwan or bilingual programs affiliated with local high schools)
(3) He/She dropped out/withdrew from colleges/universities in Taiwan due to behavior issues, poor academic performance or a conviction under the Criminal Code.
(4) He/She holds nationality of Hong Kong, Macau or People’s Republic of China and does not concurrently hold a foreign passport.
(5) He/She holds ROC nationality and has had household registration in Taiwan.
(6) He/She has held ROC nationality, and has not renounced it for more than 8 years, up until the start of the semester he/she is seeking admission.
Violation of the above-mentioned regulations will result in immediate cancellation of the applicant’s admission or the deprivation of the applicant’s recognized status as a MCU registered student, or revocation of the applicant’s MCU diploma. No academic certificate will be given.
2. Language Requirements
1. Sufficient English ability (Only applicable to students who apply to English-taught programs):
(1.) Applicants with English as a native language or graduates from school where English is the language of instruction.
(2.) Applicants who have achieved required scores on an internationally recognized English proficiency test (TOEFL ITP 500 or TOEFL Paper test 500 or TOEFL iBT 61 or TOEFL CBT 173 or IELTS 5 or TOEIC 550.)
2. Sufficient Chinese ability (Only applicable to students who apply to Chinese-taught programs):
(1.) Applicants with Chinese as a native language.
(2.) TOCFL B2 level< http://www.sc-top.org.tw/ > or intermediate level of other Mandarin Chinese language proficiency tests.
3. Academic Background
Your application will be considered by the MCU International Student Admissions Committee (ISAC) and a decision will be made on your application.
After two months, one of the following results will come out:
- You will receive an admission letter from us if your qualifications meet our requirements.
- You will receive a conditional offer if you do not meet all our necessary qualifications.
- You will be invited for an interview - this is part of the normal selection process for Graduate/ Postgraduate Degrees.
- You may be advised that we cannot make an offer at this stage if it is obvious from your application that you cannot meet our requirements.
A complete application package must include the following documents.
- Complete the online application form (http://apply.mcu.edu.tw) with a recent head-shoulder photo.
- A statement of purpose and autobiography in English or Chinese.
- A copy of passport with bearer's signature page.
One photocopy of high school diploma / university diploma with verification by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office. (The English or Chinese verified version is also necessary if the original diploma is not in either language. The original verified certificate shall be submitted upon registration at the beginning of the new semester.)
*Certificate of enrollment is required if applicant is currently studying in the last semester of school.
**Undergraduate admission for high school graduates: verification is not required for certificate of enrollment.
**Transfer from college or university to MCU undergraduate program: verification is required for certificate of enrollment.
- One photocopy of official English yearly transcripts from all high school/ university years with verification by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the country where the documents are issued. (The English or Chinese verified version is also necessary if the original transcript is not in either language. The original verified transcripts shall be submitted upon registration at the beginning of the new semester.)
If an applicant is studying in the last semester of school, required documents should be verified after graduation.
One photocopy of bank statement, with a minimum balance of US$6500 per person; or a copy of scholarship notification.
Bank statement can either be in the applicant’s name, or the name of one or both of the applicant’s parents/ legal guardians.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please save the file in JPG format. References should sign on the letter, position title and contact info should be provided on the letter. Recommendation should not be written by friends or family members.
If the recommenders want to send the letters directly to MCU, she/ he can email to email@example.com (link sends e-mail) & firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
- Application fee US$50 or NT$1500 per person (non-refundable). Please see “Instructions for Fee-Paying” below. Credit card service is not available for application fee payment.
- English language proficiency: TOEFL ITP 500, TOEFL CBT 173, TOEFL IBT 61, IELTS 5.0 or TOEIC 550
(Only applicable to students who apply to English-taught programs, native speakers are excluded).
Chinese language proficiency: TOCFL B2 level or intermediate level of other Mandarin Chinese language proficiency tests.
(Only applicable to students who apply to Chinese-taught programs, native speaker are excluded).
[February/ Second Semester] Application period is from September 15 to October 15.
First-year undergraduate students must complete 8 semesters of study in MCU.
Complete the online application (http://apply.mcu.edu.tw) during the application period.
If applicants require an admission letter before June 30, the online application must be completed before April 15.
Admission Results Announcement
Five times in September/ First Semester in April, June, July and August
Two times in February/ Second Semester in December and January
Extra document and information for transfer students
If you are studying/ once studied in another university or you had a college diploma and want to transfer credits to MCU, please refer to the following information.
In addition to your high school transcripts and diploma, you also need to submit the university certificate of study & transcripts or college diploma & transcripts with verification by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office. (English or Chinese verified version is also necessary if the original transcript is not in either language. The original verified certificate and transcripts shall be submitted upon registration at the beginning of the new semester.)
*If the university you are studying at is in Taiwan, the verification is not needed.
- You need to provide course syllabus when submitting your application online.
- The estimated number of transferable credits will be decided by the program/ department after you submit your application documents, and you will be moved to the appropriate grade depending on the number of credits transferred.
- Credit transfer application should follow the application procedure within 2 weeks after registration. All programs hold the right of whether or not to accept the credit transfer application.
Learn how to Download MCU syllabus.
For students transferring credits to enter their SOPHOMORE year in September semester, a maximum total of 40 credits may be waived;
or those entering SOPHOMORE year in February semester, the maximum total of waived credits is 60;
for those entering their JUNIOR year in September semester, the maximum total of waived credits is 80;
for those entering their JUNIOR year in February semester, the maximum total of waived credits is 95.
Transfer applicants admitted at the highest level is the junior year.
MCU accepts transfer students from colleges and universities which are listed in the Ministry of Education (Taiwan) Database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities. https://depart.moe.edu.tw/ed2500/News.aspx?n=E8380E03A0E16960&sms=D2E10027BB4EC183
Credit waiver must comply with Ming Chuan University Procedures for Course Credit Waiver Applications.
Graduate credits can transfer up to half of the total credits for graduation as required by the graduate school.
Please transfer the application fee, USD 50 or NTD 1,500 per student, directly into the University account. Then upload your receipt to the online application system <http://apply.mcu.edu.tw>.[Applicant in her/his home country] 銀行名稱 BANK NAME： 台北富邦銀行大同分行 TAIPEI FUBON COMMERCIAL BANK
TA TUNG BRANCH
銀行地址 BANK ADDRESS：186, SEC. 3, CHUNGKING N. RD. TAIPEI, TAIWAN, R.O.C.
銀行電話 BANK TEL: (886)-2-2592-9282
快捷碼 SWIFT CODE： TPBKTWTP
帳號 BENEFICIARY'S A/C NO：003801-7000-9476 (USD only美金專用)
帳號 BENEFICIARY'S A/C NO：003801-0101-0241 (NTD only台幣專用)
戶名 BENEFICIARY'S A/C NAME：財團法人銘傳大學MING CHUAN UNIVERSITY
聯絡電話 BENEFICIARY’S TEL：(886)-2-2882-4564 ext 2250
傳真電話 BENEFICIARY’S FAX：(886)-2-2881-0521 [Applicant in Taiwan has a local bank account] 銀行名稱 BANK NAME： 台北富邦銀行TAIPEI FUBON COMMERCIAL BANK
銀行代碼 Bank Code: 012
帳號 BENEFICIARY'S A/C NO：003801-0101-0241 (NTD only台幣專用)
International Student Admission Office
Ming Chuan University
Asia Student Admission
Ms. Yvonne Lin 林郁萍
Tel: +886-3-3507001 Ext. 3704, 3703
Email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Vietnam, India, Philippines, Singapore & Outside-Asia Student Admission
Ms. Anne Chan 詹宜書
Tel: +886-3-3507001 Ext. 5116, 3705
Email：firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Website: http://iee.mcu.edu.tw (International Student Admission)
http://ic.mcu.edu.tw/ (English-taught undergraduate program)
Address: No. 5 De-Ming Rd., Gui-Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
The acceptance letter or admission notice respectively, does not guarantee the issue of a visa. Only the Bureau of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices can approve a visa. For the requirements of a visa application, please contact the Taiwan Overseas Representative Office in/near your country.
Applicants who are admitted to MCU may apply for a VISA by going to a Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in/near their country with the MCU admission letter. Please note that applicants who get admission are NOT guaranteed a VISA to Taiwan. For Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices contact information, please visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs's website.
Download freshman handbook via information download if you get MCU offer letter.
MCU Office of International Student Service provides advising services on legal matters, National Health Insurance, banking and day-to-day affairs.
* If you are from designated countries, such as Algeria, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, etc., please make sure you will have guarantor in Taiwan to ensure your visa legitimacy. For more information, please refer to Procedures for Nationals of the Designated Countries Applying for Visitor Visas to the Republic of China（R.O.C.）
- Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan) 台灣教育部網站http://www.moe.gov.tw/
- Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan,
please visit: http://english.moe.gov.tw/ ►Laws and Regulations.
- Standards for Recognition of Equivalent Educational Levels for University Admission
- Regulations Governing the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Records by Institutions of Higher Education
- Operation Directions Governing Applications from Overseas Chinese Students, Students from Hong Kong and Macao, and International Students for Internships after Graduating from University/College in Taiwan
- Regulations Regarding Study and Counseling Assistance for Overseas Chinese Students in Taiwan僑生回國就學及輔導辦法
- Regulations Governing the Examination and Recognition of Educational Qualifications from Hong Kong and Macao